Mt. Shasta is California’s greatest peak, the monumental, glacier-clad strato-volcano that rises to over 14,000 feet just south of the Oregon border. This is the definitive guide to self-propelled explorations up, down, on and around it. Andy and co-author Michael Zanger know just about every ridge and corner of this area, and they lay out the year-round possibilities for hiking, climbing, skiing and mountain biking not only on Shasta but in the nearby Trinity Alps as well.
• All climbing routes described, illustrated and mapped
• Hiking trails on Shasta, the PCT, and in the Trinity Alps
• Suggested ski tours and ski/snowboard descents
• Natural history chapters, including geology, biology and weather
• Custom, separate 1:38,000 topographic map included
• Published by Wilderness Press, updated as a new edition in 2006.
• $18.95 + $5 Shipping
READ AN EXCERPT
If you would like Andy to inscribe a personal or gift note on your book, type your request in the "Special Notes" section of your order.
NEXT BOOK >